We all know that there are very few margins of error in this frenetic e-commerce industry. It’s chaos in the online world of e-commerce, with a gazillion other competitors waiting patiently for you to make mistakes. E-commerce.
In the last 2 years, multiple brands have launched online services to help with everything from ordering groceries to riding a motorcycle, to getting music lessons to classifying insurance policies, to renting football pitches and checking out the news. You’re likely to have noticed an increasing number of eCommerce brands showing their ads while you watch TV. All of these aspects are a sign of the incredible pace at which this domain is changing and conquering business.
Virtual Entity of Every Business
When you hear the phrase “e-commerce”, what is the first thing you think of? The Websites are the virtual representation of the brand being considered. It is the first thing people see and do research on when they hear your brand name. As they say, the first impression is the most important. It is important to pay attention to this aspect and make sure that you design your website in the best possible way.
Finalizing the text, the headline, the images that are displayed, the set of images that roll up and down, the separation of the categories on the header, all of these things must be perfect in order to increase your chances of acquiring new customers or keeping those you have. Any Magento development services store will tell you how important the website is and all the details that go with it.
Brands are flocking to Hire Magento Programmers with valuable industry experience and technical know-how.
When we first open a website, one of the first things that we notice is the speed at which it opens. Technical terms for loading speed.
There are no shortcuts
You either have loading speed or you don’t! If you are at the end, there is no middle ground.
A fast loading speed can make the difference between gaining a customer and losing it.
Here are some reasons why you should expect a fast loading speed.
The First Impression is Definitely the Last
- The heading is fairly self-explanatory. Individuals and customers should pay attention to how long a website takes to load before they check the headline, the cover image that is too large for the site, or the offers.
- It is a deal maker and a guaranteed way to be in the good books of customers.
- The optimal load time can be one of those things that might not work for you if it is not, but will certainly drive customers away if it is not. What is the bottom line?
Fierce Competition: The Solution
- The competition is fierce with new and upcoming players joining the domain every day.
- You need to be different in a market where you have such a dominant position. A fast website loading speed is one such indicator that works.
- It is a harsh truth that not all brands follow the same practices. This is why load time is so important.
Time is money!
- Patience is the most important thing a customer can have. We all know that time is money.
- Your website will take between 8-9 seconds to load all text and graphics. Discuss with your Magento development company how to create a faster template. It should load in under 3-4 seconds.
- It will not only drive customers away but will also ensure they will never return to your company again. Combine that with negative reviews on social media, bad-mouthing, and other things and you have a recipe for disaster.
- We’ve also established that there is a lot of competition. This is why customers have many options. They will choose to go elsewhere if it takes too long for them to load.
- You should be careful about how many images you have on your homepage, how heavy they are, and what quality. All of these factors can significantly impact the website’s load time.
Because Google Says So
- Why should you care about your website’s load time? Because Google says so! Google says so!
- Google is constantly releasing updates that can affect your SEO rankings (Search Engine Results Page) and SERPs (Search Engine Engine Result Page). This update will make it clear that Google won’t tolerate slow loading times for your pages. Every website that had a slow load time was removed from the rankings as soon as this update was made, regardless of its popularity.
- Every e-commerce enthusiast is aware that Google’s ranking of your website is crucial.
- Load time directly impacts your Google rankings, which in turn can negatively impact your visibility online. This will ultimately affect your sales. It’s all about numbers in the e-commerce industry, isn’t it?
Prioritizing User Experience
- It’s all about the user experience. Your customer should feel welcome and satisfied every time he/she visits the website.
- Website load time is a key factor in your e-commerce business. It gives customers a feeling of ease and makes a big difference. This ensures that they know that you are paying attention to every parameter on your website for their convenience.
After all the above, it is clear that a website that loads quickly is essential for your eCommerce business. This is a dynamic parameter that means you will need to constantly work to maintain the load time. It depends on many factors. Do not think that getting customers is easy.
Mike Patel is a digital marketing enthusiast, innovator and President of a leading Digital and E-commerce Development Agency in Dallas, Texas. Mike holds a BS, Computer Science degree from Wayne State University and is a key player in the E-commerce development and digital marketing industry since 2004. The scope of technology in his extensive experience of more than 15 years ranges from Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click) management, E-commerce SEO, Google Shopping Ads and more.